OUR INAGURAL SPONSORS!
People United for Pets (P.U.P. Dog Rescue)
Rescue Dog of the Week:
Here’s Rambo’s page (he’s a really cute, American bulldog mix) If he’s already been adopted by the time you see this, contact PUP and they can certainly help you find the right dog for you.
Interview with the Director of PUP Dog Rescue:
If you’d like to know more about PUP Dog Rescue and more about how to find a good rescue organization, as well as get some tips about picking a good rescue dog for you, here’s my interview with Laura Tonkin (She’s the Director of PUP Dog Rescue)
NEW DOG TRAINER HOMEWORK:
Learn why and how you do what you do
- Video several training sessions that you do
- Watch your video lessons and note two things
- All of your decision points during training
- On your second pass through the video note “why” you made all of those decisions
- After you’ve taken those notes: review them and write a couple of pages of your larger philosophy, principles and methods
Be willing to “disclose” how to do the “magic trick”
WHAT SHOULD DOG OWNERS LOOK FOR IN A DOG TRAINER THAT YOU HIRE?
- Look for a trainer that can describe to you why they are doing the things they’re doing
- Look for a trainer that requires you to do a lot of the work with your dog
- Look for a trainer that tells you how to do the “magic trick” and doesn’t act too much like the magician!